Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Injured Rana Daggubati comes home

Rana Daggubati got injured on Sunday when an action scene went wrong, while he was shooting for his upcoming Bollywood flick Department in Mumbai.

In this incident, he injured both his knees and got bruised on his shoulder. The incident took place when Rana was shooting for one of his action scenes at a steel factory on the outskirts of Mumbai on Sunday at 3pm.

In that particular sequence, Rana was supposed to jump over few boxes, but due to misscalculating the steps and getting the timing wrong, he fell directly on his knees and the impact was so high that the knee caps he was wearing for protection broke.

When asked what exactly happened, Rana said, “We had already done few other similar stunts, which went on well. But in this particular scene, the timing of the jump went wrong and I fell directly on my knees. My right knee felt the impact, due to which even the knee cap I wore broke. My left knee is not that bad, but it hurts. I have a big, purple bruise on my right shoulder.”

Poor Rana couldn’t rush to the hospital to get a doctor to look at him because, there was no medical help close by! “A few fighters who were shooting along with me put some ice packs on my knees and shoulder and we shot till 5pm and wrapped up.”

When asked why he wanted to risk aggravating the injury, Rana who is now on crutches says, “I wanted to wrap up the shooting soon, because I didn’t want to get stuck in the Ganesh Immersion traffic.”

The actor who reported back to the sets on Monday to shoot his first shot with Amitabh Bachchan, will now take it easy and take a break for a couple of days. He is also not doing any action sequences for a bit, will only be doing close ups till his knees heal. Rana is coming back to Hyderabad on Tuesday to rest at home.
--Courtesy_DC

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More