Monday, August 22, 2011

Bollywood is not a priority: Ileana D’Cruz

She is not known for serious roles, although she has dabbled in them now and then.

Tollywood's glamour girl Ileana D'Cruz, better known for her oomph factor, finally breaks her silence on her Bollywood debut Barfee, a murder mystery directed by Anurag Basu, featuring Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. Ileana admits that she is "having a lot of fun on the sets " but it took her a while for her to confirm. "There were loads of meetings and narrations of the script. Anurag and I had lengthy discussions on different aspects of the character," she says.

The highest paid actor in Tollywood has reportedly cut her remuneration by half to gain a foothold in B-town. As per reports, Ileana has crossed the `1 crore mark and never comprises on her remuneration. "As a rule, I have never denied or commented on my paycheck. People will continue to write a lot of things. Let's just say I am being paid what I deserve," she says.

Prod her about her equation with co-stars Ranbir and Priyanka and Ileana is all praise about them. "I have immense respect for Ranbir and he is fantastic to work with. Priyanka is a very nice person and is pretty easy to work with. There is no friction between us. It's a great team and it's not like anyone is trying to put you down or steal the limelight," she gushes.

Is Bollywood her priority now? "Films are my priority, it's my career," she replies, adding, "I owe a lot to Tollywood and I am not going to turn my back on the industry. Bollywood is not my priority and I'm going to strike a balance in all the industries I work in."

Meanwhile, she has a lot on her plate in Kollywood and Tollywood. Ileana will be soon on screen to play the role of Kareena Kapoor did in the Tamil remake of 3 Idiots, directed by Shankar and titled Nanban, with Vijay, Srikanth and Jiiva in the lead. She says she won't do a copy-paste job of the original and is determined to put in her own unique touches to the role. "It's not as if I've watched her film a million times and am going to do a scene-by-scene remake," she says.

Ileana's starry tantrums on the sets are well documented and according to reports, Allu Arjun refused to work with her in a film directed by Trivikram Srinivas. "Arjun is a very nice person. I don't know where these reports come from. As for the film, I have been in talks with the director, but I haven't signed it as yet," she says.
--Courtesy-TOI

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More